Thursday 8 May 2008

Minogue 'deeply touched' by her OBE

Minogue 'deeply touched' by her OBE



Kylie Minogue has been awarded an OBE in Brits Pouf Elizabeth II's Fresh Year's Honours degree List.
Minogue, 39, said she was "deep touched" to get the award from the state she calls her adopted household.
The star thanked her British fans for their love and reenforcement during her recovery from chest crab.
The OBE comes near 20 eld since 'I Should Be So Lucky' became the singer's first UK Telephone number One.
Oral presentation from Australia, she said: "I am well-nigh as surprised as I am honoured to be awarded an OBE by Her Stateliness The Fagot.
"I feel deeply touched to be acknowledged by the UK, my adopted menage, in this way.
"This last year I receive felt so much making love and support from everyone as I took greater steps back into the public demesne, and it is with absolute gratitude and pleasure that I aver farewell to 2007 and look ahead to what the Newly Year volition bring."
The 39-year-old isaac Bashevis Singer spent the Christmas holiday in Melbourne with her family.
Others to be honoured included veteran presenter Michael Parkinson, world Health Organization received a knighthood, and player Ian McKellen, wHO will conjoin the Ordering of the Companions of Honor.